If you’ve been using newer versions of illustrator CC, you know how annoying that pesky recent files list can get. The recent files appear when you launch illustrator on the welcome interface. To remove the recent files on Illustrator cc:
- Go to Menu Bar, select Edit>Preferences>File Handling & Clipboard
- Under files, in Number of Recent files to display, change from the Default of 20 to 0
- Close Illustrator
- Reopen Illustrator
And the recent files are gone! Now you can directly choose new document presets right on the interface.
To change the interface when there are no open documents on illustrator so it shows the legacy interface and not the home screen,
- Click Menu Bar, select Edit>Preferences>General
- Deselect the “show the homescreen when no documents are open”
- Select Use Legacy “file new” interface.
I hope this helps. Now get designing!