To increase the resolution of a picture without photoshop, you can edit the dimensions using online resources such as the ones listed later in this article. You can also use the Photos application on your phone or Windows PC. You can increase the resolution of a digital image but it is likely to decrease in quality as a result.
Resolution refers to the number of pixels in dimensions of width and height. The higher the number of pixels there are in a digital image, the higher the image’s resolution.
How to change the resolution of your image online
There are a number of free online resources that you can use to adjust the resolution of your image. Some of them are discussed below:
This website allows you to automatically increase your image resolution using AI image processing. The AI uses convolutional neural networks to enlarge and upscale images. You can change your image resolution while preserving its content and defining properties.
It is freely available and guarantees privacy for any images you upload on the platform.
This platform used a powerful AI to increase photo resolution without any loss in quality. It is fast, automatic and available for free. Its fully automated processing allows you to upscale images up to 16 times while preserving quality.
It offers additional services of color and tone adjustments and compression removal. It can be used by creative professionals and in e-commerce.
This online photo enhancer helps you improve photo resolution instantly with just a single click. You can upload your image, click on 1-Tap Enhance button and Fotor will automatically resize and adjust your photo properties.
It is freely available and allows you to take your photos to a whole new level.
How to increase image resolution on Photoshop
You can use Super Resolution in Photoshop to get more control over your image resolution. This adjusts the resolution of your image automatically through the Creative Cloud AI. Note, this only works with RAW image files.
To use super-resolution in Photoshop, import your RAW photo file into Photoshop. Photoshop will open it with Adobe Camera Raw. Right-click on the image and in the drop-down options, select “Enhance”. In the enhance dialog box, check the “Super resolution” checkbox and click “enhance”. Give it a few seconds and your image will resize.
You may have different resolution needs that require traditional resampling approaches. There are two main ways to achieve this; by changing the size of the image and number of pixels independently or by changing one pixel at a time.
Adjusting pixel dimensions
You can increase image resolution in Photoshop by the following steps.
- Open your image in Photoshop
- On the top panel, choose Image> Image Size. You can use the keyboard shortcuts Opt+Cmd+I for Mac or Alt+I for Windows PC. This reveals the size of your image in terms of pixel dimensions.
- Check that the chain icon linking the properties is activated to ensure you maintain your image aspect ratio
- Enter the new values for Width and Height in the dimensions. You will get a preview of the new size of the image at the top of the dialog box, with the old size in parentheses.
- Next, select Resample and choose your preferred interpolation method.
- If your image has different layers with unique styles, go to the gear icon, and select Scale Styles. This is available for users using Constrain proportions.
- Once you have finished selecting your new options, click on OK to resample the image.
How to make an image higher resolution on an iPhone
You can change the resolution of your image on iPhone either using the default Photos app or third-party apps like Image Size:
- Install Image Size from the App Store
- Tap the white box and select OK to grant the application access to your photos. Click on the box again to open the image picker.
- Choose the image you intend to resize.
- Click on the chain icon to ensure that the Width and Height values are locked in.
- Enter your new Width value, then click Done. This automatically adjusts the pixels and Height value of the image.
- The photo becomes resampled at the new size.
- Click on the gear icon to get additional options. Check that the Output Quality slider is at 100%.
- If you want to print the image, you have to smooth out the pixels. This can be done by selecting the + icon to increase Print size correction factor. Click on the back arrow to go back to the main page.
- Select the save arrow to save the final version of your image.
You can easily change the resolution of your image without Photoshop by using online image editors like Fotor.com, letenhance.io and upscalepics.com. iPhone users can use Image Size to resize their images to their preferred dimensions.